Navigating the complexities of the federal marketplace isn’t easy. We can help.
Baker Tilly helps life sciences companies interpret and implement solutions in rapidly changing government environments. For any size life sciences organization, we apply and deliver our independent operational and advisory services that add value, maximize revenue, and enhance operations.
Market access involves multiple processes to ensure patients get fast and maintained access to the products they need. These elements are highly differentiated and difficult to navigate in the federal market.
We help our clients develop strategies to maximize federal patient access with minimal disruption to the systems and processes that work for the commercial organization.
- Provide federal market pre and post launch “Plan of Action”
- Identify key VA/DoD decision makers for disease
- Establish appropriate timelines for disease awareness engagement
- Develop messaging for federal decision makers
- Coordinate and facilitate meetings with key targets
- Outline timeline and activities required to support statutory contracting
- Identify risks that can affect federal patient access
- Provide predictive analysis related to CFU and PA placement on new drugs
- Account management and salesforce training and certification
- Outline government purchasing pathway options, to include analogs illustrating best practices
- Clearly identify levers that can be pulled to achieve desired results in VA/DoD health systems
- Prepare for therapeutic class review
- Evaluate the need to contract and provide predictive outcome analysis under contracting scenarios
- Strategies to overcome CFU and PA restrictions
- Outline access improvements associated with business decisions that negatively affect federal access
- Predictive analysis related to VA/DoD spillover
- Roadmaps detailing strategies and tactics when access barriers are implemented
- Overcome federal access challenges, such as distribution channel requirements and patient assistance program restrictions with minimal disruption to commercial practices
- Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) preparation, administration, and renewal support
- FSS supplemental contracting analysis and support
- Managed Medicaid and Medicaid Fee-For-Service bid strategy support
- Calculation and reporting required under CMS, FSS, PHS, and SPAP
- Legal grid development for contract compliance
- Contract compliance assessments and disclosure support
- Customized tools utilizing industry best practices for scenario modeling
- Standard operating procedure development
- Contract negotiation support and playbook development
- OIG and DOJ investigation support