We are valuation experts who also understand litigation. The technical rigor we bring to our work is a lawyer’s most valuable asset, shielding our analysis from attack while exposing weakness on the opposing side.
Our full spectrum of capabilities includes:
- Ad valorem disputes
- Appraisal rights
- Corporate recovery and reorganization
- Fair consideration
- Insurance claims
- Intellectual property infringement
- Purchase price/mergers & acquisition issues
- Reasonably equivalent value
- Stakeholder disputes
Renowned in the valuation community, our professionals have performed peer-reviewed work on subjects from discount rates to size premiums. We have also provided expert testimony in “bet-the-company” cases. Whatever the issue being litigated, our valuation services are part of an integrated team skilled in forensic investigations, tax issues, financial inquiries, and litigation support.
Those combined capabilities make us a preferred choice in matters involving multi-billion dollar corporations. The complexity of such engagements requires the depth of knowledge that we possess.
Our knowledge is reflected in our:
- Business enterprises
- Equity positions
- Financial instruments
- Intangible assets
- Intellectual property
- Stock options
- Tangible assets
- Consumer goods
- Energy and utilities
- Financial services
- Hospitality and gaming
- Industrial products
- Life sciences
- Manufacturing and distribution
- Media and entertainment
- Private equity
- Professional services
- Real estate
- Software and technology
We solve problems in difficult situations:
- Advise counsel and clients regarding valuation issues in some of the largest, most-complex disputes when the company is on the line.
- Investigate and value contested transactions in connection with fraudulent transfer actions in out-of-court and in-court proceedings.
- Provide comprehensive trial testimony in adversary proceedings and civil trials on topics including solvency, asset stripping, reasonably equivalent value, cost accounting and hybrid securities.