- A Baker Tilly flash poll indicates over half of alternative investment companies have not revisited their company structure since the passage of tax reform.
- Dan O’Connor has more than 16 years of tax compliance and consulting experience in public accounting, with a focus in federal taxation.
- Baker Tilly tax partner Scott Barnard has been named East Region Tax Leader. He will provide strategic direction to ensure Baker Tilly’s tax service offerings address regulatory and market needs.
- Tax Partner Dwayne Holt was recently elected to the executive committee and board of the District of Columbia Building Industry Association DCBIA as treasurer.
- Baker Tilly is helping insurance organizations understand Statement of Statutory Accounting Principles (SSAP) No. 101, Income Taxes, A Replacement of SSAP No. 10R and SSAP No. 10. During a recent educational webinar, SSAP No. 101: Issues to consider, 70% of respondents indicated they continue to have questions and issues with the tax provision process.