- The American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) recently released an updated Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2 report audit guide with a number of enhancements that impact SOC 2 reports.
- Recent changes from the US Office of Management and Budget (OMB), entitled “Uniform Administrative Requirements, Cost Principles, and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards” (Uniform Guidance) will impact subrecipient monitoring. These changes will impact new federal awards and changes to funding increments with changed terms and conditions issued after Dec. 26, 2014. If your organization does not yet understand these changes, now is the time to act.
- Thanks to technology, applying for jobs is easier today than it was years ago. But for a hiring manager, this often translates into more resumes to review and less time to spend reading each one. As a young professional, you are competing with peers who also have limited experience. By making your resume as interesting, readable, visually appealing, and error-free as possible, you can stand out from the crowd.
- Continuously looking for new sources of revenue, states have begun to increase their enforcement of unclaimed property laws.
- The NAIC Statutory Accounting Principles (E) Working Group and the Emerging Accounting Issues (E) Working Group held a joint conference call Monday during which accounting issues related to the risk corridors program (Section 1342 of the Affordable Care Act) were discussed.
- Previous Next