- The craft beer industry has grown significantly in the past number of years. With the expansion of current breweries and the emergence of new breweries come business obstacles and decisions to be made. At these times of development and growth, it is crucial that sales and use tax compliance is not overlooked.
- On July 23, 2014 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted a Final Rule that amends Rule 2a-7 of the Investment Company Act of 1940, which governs money market funds. These long anticipated amendments are designed to provide both structural and operational reform addressing an investor run on funds during a financial crisis, as was seen in 2008. The Final Rule becomes effective sixty days after publication in the Federal Register and provides for a two-year implementation period.
- M&A activity in the food and beverage sector experienced a robust second quarter primarily driven by corporate actions. Sellers are looking to divest of non-core activities and buyers are looking to add additional brands, product lines, or expertise.
- Cory Wendt, Senior Manager with the energy and utility practice explains how understanding your consumption of utility resources can be better coordinated to create long-term savings for the company, as well as the utility. Making an energy decision is more than just cost per kilowatt hour. This article originally appeared in the Q2 2014 issue of Area Development magazine.
- While some processors are closing plants to eliminate redundancies, others are expanding to be in closer proximity to customers. Baker Tilly discusses what’s behind industry consolidation.
- Previous Next