- It only takes seven seconds to make a first impression. When your dream job is on the line, seven seconds may not seem like a big deal, but it could make or break your chances at obtaining that dream job.
- In May 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued ASU No. 2014-09 to more closely align the US GAAP methods of recording revenue with the international financial reporting standards. Software and technology companies will be impacted by this new accounting standard.
- In this update, you will read a summary of the MedPAC 2016 payment rate and programmatic recommendations for inpatient and outpatient hospitals as well for ambulatory surgical centers.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- On March 26, Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky of the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) issued a letter spelling out a requirement for insurers to provide information related to their cybersecurity programs by April 27. The letter states that the information requested will be used to perform a risk assessment for future inspection activities. The short response time may indicate the great sense of urgency and importance that the State of New York is placing on this initiative.
- Previous Next