- In this update, you will read a summary of the MedPAC 2016 payment rate and programmatic recommendations for inpatient and outpatient hospitals as well for ambulatory surgical centers.
- On April 1, 2015, the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) voted to propose a one-year deferral of the effective date of the new revenue recognition standard, Accounting Standards Update (ASU) No. 2014-09, Revenue from Contracts with Customers (Topic 606), for both public and private entities.
- On March 26, Superintendent Benjamin Lawsky of the New York Department of Financial Services (NY DFS) issued a letter spelling out a requirement for insurers to provide information related to their cybersecurity programs by April 27. The letter states that the information requested will be used to perform a risk assessment for future inspection activities. The short response time may indicate the great sense of urgency and importance that the State of New York is placing on this initiative.
- How housing is financed has changed significantly in the seven years since the mortgage crisis, from tighter regulation and increased oversight to shifts in housing needs and our country’s cultural dynamics. What role do banks, local not-for-profits, and individuals play in the ever evolving mortgage and housing markets?
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services announced a new model for accountable care organizations (ACOs). This “next generation” of ACOs will take on increased risk compared to the current ACO models but with the intent of offering providers and beneficiaries more opportunities to coordinate care. Read more to stay on pulse.
- Previous Next