- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) recently released a report that showed a decrease in hospital uncompensated care costs due to Medicaid expansion as a result of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). In April the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) announced that it would delay implementation of the “two-midnight” rule until April 30. Read more to stay on pulse.
- The cost of heart disease is a growing burden on the healthcare system. As new technologies for treating heart disease become available, decision-makers need to understand their options. It is important to understand the short-term and long-term options, as well as the costs associated with these new technologies. This article uses big data analytics to take a look at the cost-effectiveness of a new heart pump technology to assist decision-makers in forming a value-based judgment relative to its application.
- It only takes seven seconds to make a first impression. When your dream job is on the line, seven seconds may not seem like a big deal, but it could make or break your chances at obtaining that dream job.
- In May 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board issued ASU No. 2014-09 to more closely align the US GAAP methods of recording revenue with the international financial reporting standards. Software and technology companies will be impacted by this new accounting standard.
- In this update, you will read a summary of the MedPAC 2016 payment rate and programmatic recommendations for inpatient and outpatient hospitals as well for ambulatory surgical centers.
- Previous Next