- Wisconsin's new law may make unclaimed property audits less aggressive for holders, but might also signal a ramping up of these types of audits.
- A decision by the Third Court of Appeals gives holders of unclaimed property the right to challenge a state’s authority to conduct an audit and escheat abandoned property.
- Unclaimed property is rapidly assuming a new role as a state revenue generator. To help organizations become better familiar with unclaimed property reporting requirements, Baker Tilly compiled a state-by-state guide on unclaimed property laws. Use the guide as a starting point for learning more about the unclaimed property laws of the states in which you have reportable property.
- When a concrete product manufacturer discovered its unclaimed property could be a problem to a potential buyer, it hired Baker Tilly to help reduce its exposure and cast itself in a better light.
- Recent court case deals a blow to Delaware’s unclaimed property laws, saying its enforcement is unconstitutional.