- Congress passed a budget deal on Feb. 9 that included a number of the hospital industry’s key priorities, including a delay of the Medicaid Disproportionate Share Hospital pay cuts and an extension of the Medicare Dependent Hospital Program.
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer outlined Democratic priorities on healthcare and calls on colleagues to pass a healthcare package that includes funding for extenders, addresses the opioid crisis, stabilizes ACA markets and provides federal reinsurance funding.
- The Senate Finance Committee voted largely along party lines (15-12) to advance former Eli Lilly executive Alex Azar’s nomination to lead the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
- CMS announced over 8.7 million individuals enrolled in 2018 insurance plans on HealthCare.gov as of Dec. 23.
- The final Republican tax bill repealed the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) individual mandate, further weakening the ACA.
- Previous Next