With the increase in cyber risks, investors in private equity should consider mandating cybersecurity to be a vital part of M&A due diligence. This means not only illuminating an organization’s IT systems but also reviewing other risks associated with a poorly managed cybersecurity program, inadequate awareness among employees and weak access controls, especially surrounding third-party access.
In this webinar, we discuss the risks associated with weak cybersecurity, the importance of a cybersecurity assessment when completing due diligence prior to acquiring a business, and how to protect your investment through proper cybersecurity management after the transaction is complete.
Key learning objectives:
- Identify the risks associated with weak cybersecurity
- Define the assessment scope of cybersecurity for an acquisition target
- Illustrate how organizations can protect their investments and manage cybersecurity risks once a transaction is complete
Who should watch?
- Private equity professionals involved in transaction execution and integration
- IT audit professionals
- Information technology executives, directors and managers
- Information security executives, directors and managers
- Senior management, IT or finance professionals involved in overseeing or managing cybersecurity risk, processes, policies and/or controls