With the imminent rollout of Community HealthChoices in Pennsylvania, it is crucial for long term care decision-makers to understand the clinical, rehabilitation, and financial areas for consideration when negotiating managed care contracts and determining levels of care and reimbursement.
Baker Tilly has partnered with LeadingAge PA to deliver a webinar on managing managed care in Pennsylvania. This webinar provides an understanding of general managed care principles, contract strategy and terms, and financial considerations in a managed care environment.
The transition to managed care is challenging. In order to navigate these changes, providers must:
- Know which resident care clinical and rehabilitation services they can provide from a cost and staff work load perspective
- Know what they are able to do related to admissions before negotiating with the managed care companies
- Understand the costs of the clinical services that they want to deliver
- How to prepare for contract negotiations with third party payors, primarily Medicare and Medicaid
- Closely monitor outcomes and the factors that lead to the outcomes
- Sophie Campbell, Director, Clinical Advisory Services, Baker Tilly
- Todd Boslau, Partner, Healthcare Services, Baker Tilly
- David Gregory, Principal, Healthcare Consulting Practice Leader, Baker Tilly