- What is the American Health Care Act and how does it affect you and your business? We compare key aspects of the proposed AHCA provisions with current ACA law.
- After a not-for-profit lost its tax-exempt classification for failing to file returns, Baker Tilly was brought in to prove the IRS was mistaken and should reinstate the organization's tax-exempt status.
- The Surface Transportation and Veterans Health Care Choice Improvement Act of 2015 (the Act), signed into law July 31, 2015, modified several tax provisions.
- Private foundations should consider three specific areas of self-dealing: payment of personal pledges, compensation to employees and board members, and paying or reimbursing expenses of disqualified persons or family members.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has modified Form 990, Schedule A with regard to public support status for the type of public charity organizations known as “supporting organizations.”