- The Governmental Accounting Standards Board recently issued Statement No. 87, Leases, which will replace the current operating and capital lease categories with a single model for lease accounting.
- This summer, the U.S. Government Accountability Office issued an update to Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, superseding the 2011 revision.
- Communities across the U.S. devastated by widespread flooding must ensure compliance with the accounting, documentation and operational requirements that accompany the award of disaster recovery aid.
- GASB Statement No. 84, Fiduciary Activities, will have a widespread impact on government financial reporting, with some of the most significant changes affecting existing agency funds.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act includes significant changes to the Internal Revenue Code. One of these changes relates directly to the receipt of up-front cash tax increment financing (TIF).