- With the advent of InsurTech, companies that wouldn’t normally qualify for the R&D credit suddenly have new opportunities.
- Unclaimed property is rapidly assuming a new role as a state revenue generator. To help organizations become better familiar with unclaimed property reporting requirements, Baker Tilly compiled a state-by-state guide on unclaimed property laws. Use the guide as a starting point for learning more about the unclaimed property laws of the states in which you have reportable property.
- Gary Peric from Baker Tilly breaks down the South Dakota v. Wayfair ruling for tech firms.
- As a startup, you’ve probably received lots of advice, best practices and "lessons from the trenches" from different people. So, how do you know if your startup is ready for an advisory board?
- Because fraud inherently involves efforts of concealment, many cases will never be detected. Therefore, organizations are encouraged to implement certain anti-fraud internal controls, in order to lessen the opportunities to commit fraud.