- Vacation buy-back policies are meaningful benefits to employees. However, without careful program design, employers and employees could face unintended tax consequences.
- Because fraud inherently involves efforts of concealment, many cases will never be detected. Therefore, organizations are encouraged to implement certain anti-fraud internal controls, in order to lessen the opportunities to commit fraud.
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) issued 20 Accounting Standards Updates (ASUs) in 2018, including updates to ASC 842—Leases, various codification improvements and more.
- Any organization which provides parking to its employees, whether by paying a third party on its employees’ behalf or by providing employees with parking on its own, will be touched by this new rule. This tax alert focuses on qualified parking, which has the most far-reaching consequences for tax-exempt organizations.
- Our latest not-for-profit webinar provides a meaningful overview of the new accounting standard.