- The Canadian and the US governments have long persuaded businesses to set up local operations by offering tax credits and other incentives.
- With the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) now in full swing, both US and foreign taxpayers are being asked about their FATCA status. Foreign financial institutions (FFIs) generally have to comply with the withholding, reporting, and due diligence requirements of FATCA if they receive US source income.
- Baker Tilly and Collins Barrow international tax specialist discuss the tax benefits available under the Canada-US tax treaty.
- Since the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations (COSO) issued its Internal Control — Integrated Framework (2013 Framework) in May 2013, many organizations have implemented the new framework to comply with the initial December 15, 2014 transition deadline. The 2013 Framework requires management to assess whether 17 principles are present and functioning, which is a change from the previous framework. Further, the 2013 Framework includes points of focus, which are important characteristics of the 17 principles and assist management with determining whether controls are properly present and functioning.
- We are pleased to have the opportunity to provide feedback to the Financial Accounting Foundation (FAF) with respect to the Private Company Council (PCC). At Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP (Baker Tilly) we have strong support for the PCC and its efforts to date in improving financial reporting for the users of private company financial statements.
- Previous Next