- The House Energy and Commerce Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee approved nearly 40 bills combined that could address the nation’s opioid crisis in a myriad of ways.
- In the June 2018 edition of the Insurance Research Letter, Rica de los Reyes Herrera explains what forensic accounting is, and why it is vital to the insurance industry.
- The SEC is planning to adopt rules that revise the definition of “smaller reporting company” by the fall of 2018 and let more public companies submit regulatory filings with a lighter set of disclosures. A top SEC official suggested during a congressional hearing that the agency may also revise the threshold for compliance with the auditor attestation rules for internal controls over financial reporting.
- The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) proposed a rule in February to return the duration of short-term insurance plans’ validity to a pre-Obama era.
- By taking small steps to improve your MAR program, your organization will benefit in the long term and be more likely to increase your MAR program’s overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Previous Next