- Inaccurate budgetary reports prompted this university to seek help from Baker Tilly's internal audit professionals.
- A commercial REIT sought to review certain operational and financial policies, procedures and controls. Baker Tilly governance, risk and compliance professionals helped enhance the REIT's operations.
- A REIT was looking for an outsourced internal audit function to assist with SOX compliance. Baker Tilly became the REIT's internal audit partner.
- The SEC is asking that broker-dealers self-report any historical or ongoing instances of noncompliance by November 1, 2016.
- The United States is host to 1.1 million not-for-profit organizations. These organizations, many of which do not maintain strong internal control processes, are ripe for fraud and embezzlement.