- One of the many items affected by the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) were 529 education fund plans. Learn more about the plan, their tax benefits and implication, and the resulting updates per the new tax law.
- Learn tips to align potential gifts with your organization's mission and develop ongoing relationships with donors.
- Reports of inaccurate reporting of institutional data highlight the risks to institutional reputation and ranking/standing. Learn how to preserve the integrity of data reporting in higher education.
- The International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) said Martin Baumann, the PCAOB’s chief auditor from 2009 to 2018, will become its chairman for a three-year term. The International Federal of Accountants (IFAC), the IAASB’s parent organization, said Baumann was joining the IAASB at a time of rapid change for financial reporting and auditing.
- Banking regulators said they plan to finalize a rule to ease the effect on capital of the FASB’s credit loss standard by the first quarter of 2019. The rule change offers banks the option to phase in, over a period of three years, the “adverse effects” on regulatory capital they expect when they adopt the FASB’s credit loss standard.
- Previous Next