- A SOC 2 report is an independent examination of a service organization’s controls over its system’s security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy.
- The National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) 2014 Summer National Meeting was held in Louisville, KY. A number of issues and statutory accounting changes were addressed over the course of the meeting. Highlights from some of the working group meetings are summarized below.
- The IRS has recently increased its audits of employer 401(k) plans. Rather than wait for an audit, plan administrators should proactively consider potential issues and take any necessary corrective measures. The following is a brief rundown of what the IRS will request at the outset of an audit, as well as a non-comprehensive list of issues commonly scrutinized by the IRS during a 401(k) plan audit.
- Learn how a well-written financial policy can offer a multitude of ongoing benefits for your organization.
- On July 23, 2014 the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) adopted a Final Rule that amends Rule 2a-7 of the Investment Company Act of 1940, which governs money market funds. These long anticipated amendments are designed to provide both structural and operational reform addressing an investor run on funds during a financial crisis, as was seen in 2008. The Final Rule becomes effective sixty days after publication in the Federal Register and provides for a two-year implementation period.
- Previous Next