- FASB has released four major updates to U.S. GAAP that will go into effect in the next few years. These sweeping changes — combined with plans to reform the tax code and reduce federal regulations under the Trump administration — have created a volatile environment for CFOs and controllers. Here's a summary of what’s changing and when the changes, if applicable to you, will hit your financial statements.
- The accounting rules for mergers and acquisitions can be complicated depending on how a deal is structured. Here are four questions to ask to help you record your transaction correctly.
- Baker Tilly provides comment on the proposed ASU for Consolidation (Topic 810), Targeted Improvements to Related Party Guidance for Variable Interest Entities, issued by the FASB.
- We are pleased to provide comment to the PCAOB regarding the recently issued proposed auditing standard related to auditing estimates, including fair value measurements, and the related proposed amendments to auditing standards related to the auditor’s use of the work of specialists.
- This helpful template of sample disclosures can help your insurance organization determine your disclosures under the new accounting standard.
- Previous Next