- Certain taxpayers should consider changing their method of accounting if they are in a position to take an accelerated deduction under this new safe harbor.
- Life sciences start-up companies face many tax-related issues. The items noted below are not all-inclusive, and not all companies will face all of these issues or opportunities. However, even in years when companies incur no tax liability because of operating losses, proper planning is important to maximize the future benefits of current investments. These issues are not unique to life sciences start-up companies, but in combination, they are not commonly incurred in other industries. Ignoring the future benefit of considering these opportunities may have significant impact on future cash flows of the company during a time that cash should be utilized for expansion and growth.
- The IRS’s new Form 3115 and instructions contain revisions that incorporate modifications and additions from two revenue procedures issued in early 2015.
- The IRS issued proposed regulations (REG-109822-15) that would require annual country-by-country (CbC) reporting by large US multinational enterprises (MNE).
- On Dec. 28, 2015, the IRS issued Notice 2016-4 which extends the deadlines and transition rules for 2015 employer and insurer information reporting requirements under the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- Previous Next