- States are becoming increasingly creative in their attempts to raise their tax base, including implementing aggressive nexus and income apportionment rules for income and franchise tax.
- States are renewing efforts to impose sales tax on internet and other remote sales with sixteen states now have “click through” nexus laws on their books.
- State qui tam laws and the expansion of tobacco taxes to address the growth of electronic cigarettes continue to lead 2015 state and local tax trends.
- The IRS updated its list of accounting method changes eligible for “automatic” consent procedures and released guidance that includes significant changes and time-sensitive transition rules.
- An individual can’t be an employee and a partner of the same partnership or so says the Department of Treasury in newly released temporary regulations.
- Previous Next