- If you are a calendar-year taxpayer who hasn’t filed your 2015 federal income tax return and you want an automatic accounting method change for the year, you have until September 15, 2016, to do so.
- If recently proposed regulations are finalized, it could mean significant changes for estate planning.
- TEFRA audit procedures were repealed last year, but were replaced with a more streamlined approach that created uniform rules for auditing partnerships and partners.
- Boyle put the onus on taxpayers to make sure their tax preparers mailed in their returns by the deadline, but with the ubiquity and ease of e-filing, are taxpayers still responsible for making sure their tax preparer hits the send button?
- If the IRS issues an action against you, the Office of Appeals might be the right place to resolve that in an efficient – and less costly – manner.
- Previous Next