- Utility performance and regulatory compliance are increasingly visible in the utility industry. “Doing more with less” is a common refrain. Regular performance audits can be conducted to improve utility operations and increase efficiency.
- The local media outlets are sharing news that your water rates will increase by 35 percent. Make that 54 percent. How about 165 percent?! A recent summary of the fifty-two water rate increases granted in 2014 by one state regulatory body (in a state where water increases require state approval) showed the 2014 average increase was 30 percent with the largest being 165 percent! As utility professionals, we must be cognizant of what will happen when we implement our next increase.
- Benjamin Jurken of The ABC Group LLC interviewed David Tang, Baker Tilly China Practice Director, on the Price of Business. Given rare access into the investment landscape within Mainland China, David Tang provided valuable insight into China’s economy. Listen to the full audio of this interview.
- In the accounting profession, the war for top talent is in full force. Follow these eight tips to get the most out of your recruitment dollars.
- A city’s rejections and delays of required location permits led to lost profits for vendors. Baker Tilly’s detailed analysis and expert testimony at deposition helped counsel quantify damages and settle the case.
- Previous Next