- In the ILCMA’s City/County Management in Illinois, Baker Tilly explains how an operational business review can help realign a public sector organization’s resources with its strategic objectives.
- After concerns were raised during the exposure draft phase, GASB 89 now includes provisions for situations where construction period interest is recovered in utility rates.
- Utilities confront decisions every day related to strategy/operations, technology and risk/compliance. Baker Tilly has published an e-book to help utilities navigate issues and opportunities and set the direction for sustainability and growth.
- Organization-wide commitment powers a public utility’s approach to developing and sustaining an enterprise risk management (ERM) program that strategically manages its operational and financial areas.
- Enterprise risk management isn’t only for utilities that can make entity-wide resource commitments. Alternative approaches allow utilities to right-size their ERM programs and reap benefits.