- Baker Tilly’s annual year-end tax planning letter focuses on the latest tax reform guidance as well as what’s to come. It dives into states’ reaction to the Wayfair ruling and explores what is happening in the international tax arena.
- Key provisions and possible implications of the revised procedures for requesting an automatic accounting method change related to the adoption of the revenue recognition standard under ASC 606 are highlighted.
- The R&D credit is sticking around. See if your company is eligible for the larger tax benefit this year.
- The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act made many modifications to bonus depreciation and expensing rules for business assets. Read our summary of the changes along with some planning considerations.
- Tax reform changed the use of net operating losses for most taxpayers and imposed limitations on noncorporate business losses, but there are still implementation questions for which further guidance is needed. Read this summary of the new rules and check out our planning ideas.