- Transfer of ownership is one of the most significant changes that construction and real estate professionals can face throughout their career. Partner Jaime Lawson provides Bisnow with several action items to help navigate this challenge.
- At the time the standard becomes effective for a company, and at each reporting period thereafter, time-sensitive data about uninstalled materials must be gathered to accurately transition to ASC 606.
- Recent updates published by the FASB ease some burden for equipment and property lessors by clarifying guidance for lessor costs.
- The SEC and other financial regulators issued a joint proposal that would exclude community banks from the Volcker Rule which restricts proprietary trading. The Economic Growth, Regulatory Relief, and Consumer Protection Act, which became law in May 2018, mandated the exemption for small banks.
- The SEC’s Office of Compliance Inspections and Examination (OCIE) said digital assets and cybersecurity are among the priorities for examination in 2019. OCIE said the market for digital assets has grown rapidly but may present risks to investors.