- A global leader in manufacturing crop, industrial, and animal nutrition products. Approximately $11B in revenues and over 8,000 employees worldwide.
- Inefficient and ineffective management of research and development data
- With crop research and development information stored in a third party system, it was only accessible through manual processes and not readily available for in-depth analysis
- Inability to explore crop research information and provide insights to the marketing and sales teams
The Baker Tilly Approach
- Implemented Informatica and Business Objects (BOBJ) solution to automatically source data and provide analysis tools
- Design and development of a standards based interface to provide to researchers for consistent data integration
- Built a centralized data store for crop and yield data enabling management reporting and statistical analysis
- Visibility and accessibility to information that can be used for targeted marketing campaigns which was previously locked in a 3rd party application.
- Improved trial configuration and ability to track year over year relevance which enabled multiple product innovations.
- A new analytics solution for marketing, sales and R&D to leverage and assess crop and research data through a single user interface.
- Sales and marketing information can now be combined with the central repository of crop research data. This made it much easier for the sales team to sell their premium product line because they now had access to previously inaccessible research data that was important to discuss with the buyers in sales conversations.
Download the case study in PDF format >