The business challenge
An accelerated SEC filer (Company) required a restatement audit that was determined during a transition of the Company’s audit requirements to Baker Tilly Virchow Krause. The Company announced the restatement audit to shareholders and wanted to file the restated audit as soon as possible for the their benefit.
The Baker Tilly solution
Baker Tilly collaborated with our client to complete the restatement audit in approximately five weeks. The specialists on the Baker Tilly team:
- Performed an integrated SOX audit of internal controls over financial reporting and the financial statements.
- Evaluated procedures and controls over the cause of the restatement.
- Worked extra hours along side of the Company’s accounting department to meet management’s deadline.
As a result of Baker Tilly’s services:
- The client met their internal deadline to submit timely restated financial statements.
- Management was able to quickly move forward and focus on current year operations