- The SEC completed a rule to lessen the disclosure requirements for public companies. The market regulator said the changes will lighten the regulatory requirements for public companies without depriving investors of useful information for making investment decisions.
- Delivered quarterly, Baker Tilly’s Banking and Compliance Update Newsletter provides you and your banking institution with timely information about industry hot topics, developments, trends and more.
- The FASB published a long-awaited update to U.S. GAAP’s guidance for long-term insurance policies. The changes require insurers to regularly assess their need to update the assumptions they use for estimating their liabilities to policyholders. The amended accounting marks a sea change from current reporting practices, which often leave insurers with forecasts about policyholders and future cash flows that are based on assumptions that may be years, if not decades, out of date.
- There were 30 middle-market deals with reported deal values in the Great Lakes region during the second quarter of 2018 with an aggregate transaction value of $2.18 billion.
- There were 122 transactions that closed in the Philadelphia regional market during the second quarter of 2018, with an aggregate deal value of $10.4 billion.
- Previous Next