- In a recent issue of Construction Fraud, Baker Tilly advisors outlined how to protect your organization from fraudulent behaviors. Download, “An Ounce of Prevention: A Guide for Combating Fraud in Construction,” to detect problems early.
- Many tax-exempt organizations and employee benefit plans, such as pensions, IRAs and retirement plans, are attracted to hedge or private equity funds (Funds) as a method of realizing above-average returns on investments. Since related function or passive income is exempt from federal income tax, and many hedge or private equity investments are passive to the tax-exempt, most income generated from these entities can be generated free of federal and state income tax.
- Tom Harper, Executive Vice President and General Auditor of the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, shares the key reasons his organization enjoys working with Baker Tilly.
- Changes to the IRS offshore voluntary compliance programs expands reach as well as opportunities for nonwillful disclosure of offshore assets.
- Delaware businesses still have time to file delinquent unclaimed property reports and avoid harsher penalties.
- Previous Next