- High-profile breaches and their monetary impact have caused boards and audit committees to take notice. The importance of cybersecurity should be communicated to management and staff from the board. They must ensure that management is allocating the necessary resources to implement an effective, enterprise-wide cybersecurity risk-management program.
- If you hear a commercial about your health that catches your attention, you probably call your doctor. After all, your health is very important. Right? Now think of this article as a commercial for the “health” of your business taxes. How much thought are you giving to that? Whether you realize it or not, even though the economic environment is improving, federal, state and local governments are scrambling to find additional tax revenue in order to minimize their budget deficits. As such, they have stepped up audit enforcement to try to capture more tax revenue. This article contains areas you should perform a “tax physical” on to see if they are in general good tax health.
- Baker Tilly’s government contractor advisors discussed Federal Supply Schedules regulatory and reporting requirements as well as best practices for compliance in a recent National Contract Management Association webinar.
- Cost shifting is the unauthorized transfer of costs from non-reimbursable cost centers to reimbursable cost centers. Reallocated costs are the authorized repurposing of budget dollars resulting from advantageous purchasing practices or efficient delivery of construction services.
- Here's the dilemma: You know how to brew beer, you're good at, and you'd like to share it with your friends -- or maybe sell it to your friends, or others. But how do you make the leap from brewer to brewery?
- Previous Next