- A large technology and service provider to the federal government was overdue in their annual Incurred Cost Submission (ICS) in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) principles.
- A large, top-50 federal contractor in the engineering and construction industry engaged Baker Tilly after discovering a noncompliance with its disclosed cost accounting practices.
- A large, multinational professional services provider with over $20B in annual revenues turned to Baker Tilly to address a number of accounting and compliance related issues including alleged Cost Accounting Standard (CAS) violations, multiple open Incurred Cost Submission (ICS) years, and difficulty providing financial support related to governmental audit questions on indirect rates and contract costs.
- The analysis of case law surrounding the challenges to lost profits claims involving new businesses does not establish any hard and fast rules.
- The role of a damages expert is not always clear. In many matters, the damages expert may be asked to assume that a causal linkage between the liability issues and damages exists.
- Previous Next