Baker Tilly professionals to sponsor, exhibit, and present at the 2018 Workiva TEC Conference.
Baker Tilly is proud to be a silver sponsor of the 2018 Workiva TEC Conference. The annual Workiva conference brings together Wdesk users, industry professionals and thought leaders for three days of training and networking.
Don’t miss your chance to:
- Earn up to 15 CPE credits: Choose from pre-conference workshops, breakout sessions with featured speakers, hands-on trainings, roundtables and specialty group discussions.
- Build your professional network: Connect with Workiva users and industry professionals at the largest gathering of SEC, SOX, internal control and internal audit professionals.
- Hear from the experts: Take your career to the next level. Learn industry best practices for process improvement, financial transformation and the last mile of reporting.
Baker Tilly professionals will be exhibiting as well as presenting at this year’s event.
David Ross and Tom Wojcinski, Principals, will present on “Blockchain – Beyond Cryptocurrency - Real world use and control for blockchain technology”.
Their session will discuss real world applications for blockchain technology. Blockchain has the potential to revolutionize how two parties conduct transactions. As the technology moves beyond cryptocurrencies (like Bitcoin and Ethereum) and gains acceptance for business transactions, organizations will need to evolve internal control processes to help ensure the reliability of data stored in distributed ledgers. Learn how your organization could be affected by this technology and how audit and control requirements will evolve to deal with this new technology.
Learning objectives include:
- Identify potential uses for blockchain technology to support your business processes
- Develop awareness of security and control requirements necessary to operate blockchain technology at the enterprise level
- Prepare for audit requirements for cryptocurrency assets and other blockchain transactions
About the presenters
David Ross, principal and cybersecurity growth leader for our risk, internal audit and cybersecurity (RIAC) practice, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 2017. David joins us from Deloitte’s cyber risk practice, where he provided strategic insight, service design, business development and engagement leadership. Previously, David was general manager of General Dynamics Commercial Cyber Services, where he was not only responsible for the design of the business, but also the launch and management of the new commercial organization.
As a recognized thought leader and published author, David frequently speaks on cybersecurity strategy, innovation, business strategy, building high performing sales strategies, social media and critical problem solving for corporations.
Tom has more than 17 years of technology consulting experience. He leads Baker Tilly’s cybersecurity and information technology (IT) risk consulting practice with 80 professionals. Tom specializes in helping clients maximize the confidentiality, availability and integrity of their information assets. His expertise includes: cybersecurity program development and implementation, cybersecurity and IT risk assessments, IT controls and governance, segregation of duties assessment/remediation, and major system implementation risk management. Additionally, he contributes to the leadership of Baker Tilly’s services in the intersection of IT and audit/assurance services with System and Organization Controls (SOC). His client base includes a variety of industries: energy and utilities, healthcare, insurance, manufacturing and distribution, and technology, as well as service providers and financial institutions. He also chairs the Baker Tilly International North American collaboration committee on IT risk and governance.