With more than 20 years of experience in forensic accounting, focusing on the measurement of economic damages and litigation support, Tim Voncina is a trusted advisor to the firm’s insurance and law firm clients.
Tim’s specialties in complex cases include contract and shareholder disputes, personal injury and wrongful death, breach of contract, asset tracing, loss of profits/earnings and insurance.
He has a specific focus on the valuation of matters in the manufacturing industry, where he understands the complexities of multifaceted manufacturing processes such as steel production, food and beverage processing and heavy machinery manufacturing. Tim has handled large claims and cases involving high profile impacts throughout the United States, Canada, Europe, Central America and Asia Pacific.
Tim also brings diverse expertise in commercial liability disputes, including product liability and product recall, fidelity and employee dishonesty, cyber risk and security breach, fraud and construction liability.
Working in all aspects of the due diligence and discovery phases of litigation, Tim understands how to work with lawyers to evaluate the context of a case and develop a data collection and analysis plan to measure economic damages. He has provided expert testimony based on reported findings from his analysis in both trial and alternative dispute resolution settings.
- Assists in the preparation of expert accounting evidence for use in arbitration and mediation proceedings and has given testimony in depositions and trials
- Certified Public Accountant
- Certified Management Accountant
- Chartered Global Management Accountant
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Institute of Management Accountants, member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, member
- Illinois Association of Certified Public Accountants, member
Roosevelt University – Chicago
Bachelor of Business Administration