Shante George is a director with consulting experience in the areas of forensic investigations and litigation support, financial and operational restructuring, and transactional due diligence. Shante has extensive experience advising companies, unsecured creditors, lenders, bankruptcy trustees, and examiners in both bankruptcy and out-of-court proceedings.
Shante manages the day-to-day aspects of engagements, including developing and implementing engagement strategy; challenging and developing business plans and comprehensive, long-term multi-divisional financial models; analyzing and preparing cash flow projections; and conducting claims analyses.
She regularly leads large teams in conducting complex forensic and financial analyses relating to the evaluation potential causes of action, reasonably equivalent value, Ponzi schemes, asset misappropriation and tracing, earnings manipulation, and other forensic accounting matters. She assists in the preparation of expert reports, preparing experts for testimony and trial, and providing litigation support to counsel. Shante has provided testimony at trial in the Southern District of New York, in connection with a bankruptcy matter involving alleged fraudulent transfers.
Before joining Baker Tilly, Shante was a Senior Vice President in the Corporate Recovery & Litigation Services practice at Mesirow Financial Consulting, LLC.
- Financial advisor to the Chapter 7 trustee of FKF, LLC, a $60 million real estate investment vehicle. Conducted forensic investigation of financial statements and general ledger activity; analyzed and calculated damages associated with fraudulent transfers involving complex real estate investment transactions and numerous insider payments; provided litigation support services in connection with issuing the complaint; and testified during a four-week trial, resulting in a favorable judgment for the Chapter 7 trustee of $41 million, plus interest
- Investigated potential causes of action as financial advisor to the Disinterested Directors of the Seadrill Limited Board of Directors. Responsible for the review, analysis, and sensitivity of financial projections; the assessment of the Debtors’ historical financial condition; and a review of market commentary to assess capital adequacy and ability to pay
- Led solvency-related work stream as Advisor to the Governance Committee of the Board of Directors of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, Inc. (CEOC), in the CEOC bankruptcy. Involvement included analyzing the financial condition of CEOC, sensitivity of robust, integrated financial projections; the assessment of capital adequacy and ability to pay; and the investigation and analysis of the financial impact of certain financing transactions and other alleged fraudulent transfers involving CEOC related parties
- Led discovery and investigative work stream and assisted in the preparation of the report of former chief judge (SDNY) Arthur J. Gonzalez, in his role as court-appointed examiner in the Residential Capital, LLC (ResCap) Chapter 11 case
- Investigated transactions with more than twenty affiliates occurring over a six-year period as financial advisor to National Air Cargo, Inc., an air-based freight forwarder operating in the US and South America
- Managed a team of associates as financial advisor to the Unsecured Creditors Committee of Reader’s Digest in analyzing and identifying critical issues with management’s business plan assumptions and creating leverage for negotiating favorable settlement terms with the secured lenders
- Managed several buy-side due diligence engagements involving analyzing the quality of earnings, challenging business plans, assessing the sufficiency of internal controls, identifying and assessing the impact of potential synergies
- Performed detailed analyses of projections and assessment of solvency and the evolution of the Debtor’s corporate strategy as financial advisor to a group of major international lenders in connection with a complex fraudulent conveyance matter involving Mirant Corporation, a $7 billion international power producer in the US
- Conducted claims assessments & prepared economic valuations as an adjudicator of the 9/11 Victims Compensation Fund
- American Bankruptcy Institute, member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, member
- Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, member
- International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, member
- Turnaround Management Association (New York Chapter), Board Member and Chair of Programming Committee
- American Bankruptcy Institute “40 Under 40” Emerging Leaders in Insolvency Practice, 2018
- National Association of Valuators and Analysts, “40 Under 40” Award, 2018
- M&A Advisor “40 Under 40”, 2015
Bachelor of Science in finance