Robert Hottle, partner in the commercial tax group, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 2006. Bob focuses on providing comprehensive tax and financial advice to high-net-worth individuals, wealthy families, corporate executives and closely-held businesses. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, he was a tax partner with an international accounting firm with extensive experience in all areas of taxation including international taxation for corporate executives and wealthy families and led its Private Client Advisory Service practice for the Washington/Baltimore business unit and the Mid-Atlantic area.
Bob is also a member of Baker Tilly’s Private Client Group and serves as a technical reviewer in the Tysons, VA office for matters related to high-net-worth individuals including estate, gift tax, trust and tax exempt foundation returns. He also reviews international tax reporting for individuals and corporations.
His clients have included executives with the H J Heinz Company, Fannie Mae, United Defense, NVR Corporation, The Rouse Company, Welltower Inc. and Hannon Armstrong. Bob holds the AICPA’s Personal Financial Specialist designation and is a member of the Personal Financial Planning Section of the AICPA.
Bob served for 10 years as the Treasurer of the Community Foundation of Northern Virginia and currently serves on its Investment Committee. He was recently named a Washington area Top CPA by Washingtonian Magazine and a 2017 Top Financial Professional by Northern Virginia Magazine.
- Assists clients with comprehensive income tax planning and preparation, estate and transfer tax planning, stock option exercise strategies, financial goal analysis, net worth and cash flow analysis, retirement and charitable planning
- Multi-generational wealth transfer planning
- Has advised overseas wealthy families on international tax and financial matters for more than 25 years
- Offers advice on the tax implications of distributions to U.S. beneficiaries of foreign trusts, pre-immigration planning, oversight of management accounts for various entities, global income tax, estate and gift tax planning and asset protection trusts Offers advice on the tax implications of distributions to U.S. beneficiaries of foreign trusts, pre-immigration planning, oversight of management accounts for various entities, global income tax, estate and gift tax planning and asset protection trusts
- Manages corporate expatriate compliance and administration programs
- Serves as the lead partner on complex consolidated corporate returns with extensive international reporting requirements
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Secretary, Society of Trust and Estate Planning
- Northern Virginia Magazine – Top Financial Professional (2018)
- Washingtonian Magazine – Top Wealth Advisor (2014, 2016)
Pennsylvania State University
Bachelor of Science in accounting