Paul Sutphen’s clients rely on more than 30 years of experience and common sense he brings to each engagement to help them navigate complex financial investigations, legal cases and insurance claims.
Spanning the legal, insurance and corporate markets, Paul’s practice is focused on the quantification of economic damages and loss of profits for commercial insurance claims, with a focus on large, complex losses, intellectual property, including economic damages arising from infringement, product liability and recall, construction defect claims and construction contract disputes, breach of contract and personal injury and wrongful death cases.
Paul performs financial damage evaluations in accordance with contract guidelines outlined in commercial property insurance policies and business agreements, conducts royalty audits, and serves as a consultant and expert witness in litigation and alternative dispute resolution settings.
Working with claims professionals, attorneys and business owners, Paul evaluates the economic impact sustained by businesses and individuals, with and without contractual constraints, covering a wide range of industries. He has significant experience in manufacturing, agriculture, production, mining and retail.
- Testifies as an expert witness in quantification of damages related to loss of business income, fraud and breach of contract matters in trials and depositions in state and federal courts and mediation and arbitration proceedings in Washington, California, Oregon, Alaska, Louisiana, Idaho and Montana
- Certified Public Accountant, Washington
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, member
- American Bar Association, associate member
Fairleigh Dickinson University – New Jersey
Bachelor of Science, accounting