Paul is a seasoned tax advisor with more than 10 years of public accounting and 7 years of private industry experience. Paul joined Baker Tilly 4 years ago and primarily serves clients in the York, Lancaster, Reading, and Lehigh Valley markets. He services clients in the manufacturing, distribution, financial services, and construction industries. His responsibilities include tax planning, accounting for income taxes, and tax compliance.
Prior to joining the firm, Paul served 7 years as vice president and tax director for an $18 billion regional bank, where he was in charge of all corporate tax compliance, tax accounting and reporting, and tax related matters for mergers and acquisitions and due diligence. Earlier, Paul spent 6 years with an international firm in their middle market tax practice, where he served financial institutions, manufacturing concerns, and various other public and privately held clients.
- Experienced provider of tax planning solutions for minimization of federal and state income tax expense, cash taxes, and capital and franchise taxes
- Represents companies involved in transactions, mergers and acquisitions, specifically as it pertains to tax planning and income tax accounting matters
- Provides income tax accounting services to public, large private and international companies, specifically related to ASC 740 and related financial statement disclosures
- As tax director oversaw tax due diligence and tax accounting for three large acquisitions and a three-bank charter consolidation
- Instrumental in shaping and lobbying for the change in the Pennsylvania bank shares tax, effective January 1, 2014
- Licensed CPA in Pennsylvania
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- Financial Managers Society (FMS), Philadelphia Chapter
The Pennsylvania State University
Bachelor of Science in Accounting