Michael Perrine, managing director with Baker Tilly Capital, LLC, joined the firm’s Austin, Texas office in 2018. He provides transaction advisory services for a wide array of taxable and tax exempt organizations. Working with the Baker Tilly transaction group, Mike also provides consulting services related to financing transactions for both real estate and operating businesses. The consulting services not only relate to traditional financing vehicles but also includes incorporating tax credits and other incentives into the capital stack.
Prior to joining Baker Tilly, Mike was a market president for a large national bank where he focused on sourcing, structuring and executing debt financings and cash flow strategies for a wide range of commercial, healthcare and not-for-profit clients. In addition to conventional debt financings, his focus included sourcing, negotiating and closing New Market Tax Credits (NMTC) transactions and related source leverage or construction debt for NMTC projects.
Mike also previously served as the chief financial officer (CFO) of a growing, regional retail chain for more than 10 years. As CFO, Mike led the company’s capital markets and corporate finance structure.
- Advises clients throughout entire life cycle of corporate debt financings
- Provides consulting services to borrowers working with NMTC transactions, including deal structure, documentation, collateral priority and lender reporting requirements
- Significant experience in all facets of due diligence, financial analysis and debt underwriting parameters including lender requirements for project construction draws and leveraging capital campaigns as a source of project financing
- Has represented entities to secure a variety of funding structures. Some specific examples include:
- Disbursement agent for over $100 million of NMTC construction projects
- Structured bridge financing of $1 – $20 million for clients using multi-year capital campaign pledges for loan collateral
- Frequent negotiation of inter-creditor agreements allowing NMTC clients to maximize project financing combining senior and junior creditor structures
- Negotiation of client funding with FHLB, EDA and various city and state development agencies
- PeopleFund Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), Austin, Texas — Board of Directors; Executive Committee member
- Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce — member of Talent & Education counsel
- Greater Austin Chamber / Austin Community College District — Task Force Chair for 2016 and 2018 bi-annual Community College Progress Toward Excellence Report
- Presented testimony on behalf of Austin Community College to State of Texas House Committee regarding the nursing degree registered nurse (RN) to bachelor of science in nursing (BSN) curriculum at the community college level — 2017
- Champion of the Year (2017) — awarded by PeopleFund CDFI
- Volunteer of the Year: Education (2016) — awarded by Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce
University of Texas (Austin, Texas)
Bachelor of Business Administration — Finance