Matt Morris is hardwired for analytics and finance. A passion for numbers, problem solving and discovering patterns became a solid foundation for Matt’s career in corporate finance and valuation.
Matt specializes in the practical application of financial, economic and valuation principles to solve a variety of challenges for clients. Integrating investigative accounting and economic forecasting, Matt helps create certainty in uncertain business situations, most notably merger and acquisition advisory (buy- and sell-side) services, fairness opinions, financial strategy and brand management, predictive customer analytics, valuation of securities and assets, commercial litigation support and financial and nonfinancial due diligence.
A veteran investment banker, Matt has advised and consulted with corporate clients and shareholders in transactions on more than two dozen transactions with an aggregate value in excess of $2 billion.
Matt previously served as an adjunct faculty member at the University of Dallas, Graduate School of Management, where he taught international finance.
- Provides litigation support and expert witness testimony in federal, state and local jurisdictions nationwide in cases involving merger-related litigation, business valuation, patent infringement, fraud and lost compensation
- Serves as a valuation and damages expert for both plaintiffs and defendants and also serves as club advisor to several Major League Baseball teams in salary arbitration proceedings
- Chartered Financial Analyst, charter holder
- Certified Licensing Professional Member, CFA Institute and CFA Society of Dallas Ft. Worth
- Licensing Executives Society, member and past chair of D/FW Chapter
- Institute for Study of Business Markets (ISBM), member
- Association for Corporate Growth, member
- American Finance Association, member
- Patent Rules Task Force, N. District of Texas, past Advisory Committee member
University of Strathclyde – Glasgow, Scotland
Master of Science, finance
Schiller University – Heidelberg, Germany
Master of International Management
University of Dallas – Irving, Texas
Bachelor of Arts, history