For more than 30 years, Mary Furst has thrived on the challenge and opportunity of being a forensic accountant, conducting multifaceted investigations that require the precise measurement of economic damages.
Clients count on Mary to distill complex financial problems and theory into simple to understand presentations and reports.
Working with insurance companies and law firms, Mary uses her skills as a forensic accountant and certified fraud examiner to analyze the situation and quantify the financial implications of each case or claim. She has measured large commercial losses related to business interruption and extra expense, property loss, builder risk/construction defect, fraud, liability and recall, catastrophic loss, employment dispute and class action – wage and hour.
Mary has worked with disputes, fraud investigations and cases across a range of industries, including, but not limited to, energy, technology and manufacturing for high tech and plastics products.
- Testifies on the quantification of damages as an expert witness in state and federal courts, depositions, arbitrations and mediations on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- Accredited in Business Valuation, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Certified in Financial Forensics
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, member
- San Francisco Chapter, Litigation Consulting Services, member
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Elmhurst College – Illinois
Bachelor of Science, business administration and accounting
University of California – Berkeley
Human Resources Management Certificate