Kevin Schalk, Partner, has been with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP since 2006. Kevin has been serving financial institutions since 2000 with significant emphasis on banking operations. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, Kevin served financial services clients for several national accounting firms.
- Oversees cross-functional audit engagements for numerous financial institution clients ranging in size from $100 million to $15 billion in assets.
- Oversees numerous agreed upon procedures engagements specializing in compliance with regulatory standards including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering and compliance with the Office of Foreign Assets Control Act.
- Acts as a liaison between clients and their regulators as necessary to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the state of the institution by all interested parties.
- Specializes in mortgage banking industry related issues including, but not limited to, mortgage servicing rights, loan sales and securitizations, loan servicing and compliance reporting.
- Works with public and non-public financial service organizations to implement control and compliance frameworks including Section 404 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Experienced in SEC accounting matters and filings including initial public offerings and subsequent stock offerings.
- Experienced in accounting and advisory services associated with public and private asset-backed securitizations.
- Frequent presenter to numerous organizations on various accounting and auditing topics.
- Experience in providing CFPB readiness assessments and outsourced compliance audit services to assist with monitoring CFPB compliance
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Financial Managers Society – Wisconsin Chapter
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Business Administration