Joseph McCaffrey is a director with Baker Tilly’s government contractor advisory services practice. He has more than 10 years of consulting experience working with government contractors and not-for-profit organizations. Joseph has advised clients in aerospace, hospitality, healthcare, construction, security services, technology and professional services industries on a wide range of business issues and regulatory compliance matters. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, Joseph was the Director of Government Ethics & Compliance supporting PricewaterhouseCoopers’ public sector business.
- Supports clients to design compliance programs to meet regulatory requirements throughout the life cycle of a government contract from proposal preparation to contract close-out.
- Supports clients to develop indirect cost rate structures, cost accounting systems and contract pricing which comply with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), OMB Uniform Guidance for Federal Awards and other regulations specific to the clients’ contracts.
- Assesses clients’ compliance with CAS requirements, including resolving CAS non-compliances and preparing cost impact analyses and disclosure statements.
- Conducts reviews of contractor business systems for compliance DFARS requirements. Joseph prepares contractors for system demonstrations and walkthroughs under current DCAA audit programs. He prepares corrective action plans to correct significant deficiencies for submission to DCMA and helps companies successfully implement those plans.
- Prepares and supports proposals for clients, including change orders, requests for equitable adjustment, claims and termination settlement proposals.
- Assesses contractor’s ethics and business conduct programs for compliance with federal requirements. Joseph has lead engagements and issued reports to federal oversight authorities on the sufficiency of contractor’s ethics programs.
- Assists contractors with numerous aspects of Federal Supply Schedule contracts, including strategic pricing analysis, proposal preparation, and supporting responses to government audits. Joseph has experience preparing sales analyses for product and service contractors to support disclosures to GSA as well as litigation matters with DOJ.
- Supports attorneys on bid protest matters, including analyzing price reasonableness and price realism issues.
- Supports buy-side due diligence for clients, including financial diligence, quality of earnings analysis and government contract compliance assessments.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Bar Association – Public Contract Law Section
- Professional Services Council
- National Defense Industry Association
- Instructed “Government Contract Costs” for Federal Publications Seminars (2015)
- Instructed “Cost & Price Realism” for Federal Publications Seminars (2015)
- Moderated “Estimating Systems – Best Practices” – PCI & BDO Executive Seminar (2014)
- Instructed quarterly regulatory update series “Marketplace Outlook” (2014-2015)
Wake Forest University
Master of Science in accountancy
Bachelor of Science in accountancy