Jennifer S. Myers is a financial institutions advisor with experience in the areas of structured and specialty finance, derivative products, and other complex capital markets instruments. She has extensive experience advising holders of illiquid assets and has deep expertise in regulatory compliance and corporate governance for financial institutions and asset managers, including registered (BDCs, REITs, and mutual funds) and unregistered (private equity, real estate, and hedge) funds.
She provides both transactional and regulatory advice in connection with a broad range of securitized products (RMBS, CMBS, credit cards, automobile loans, CLOs, CDOs), as well as purchases and sales of performing and non-performing loan pools. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, she advised the launch and ongoing operations of numerous complex capital markets businesses at three global banks and was a member of the banking, risk, and compliance practice at a major management consulting firm. She began her career as a bank regulatory and capital markets associate at Shearman & Sterling.
- Advised development of RMBS, CMBS, and distressed debt trading businesses at major global investment bank, including design and implementation of regulatory compliance, risk management, and corporate governance infrastructure. Developed specialized compliance programs for high-yield, RMBS, and ABS trading businesses. Provided regulatory compliance and merger integration advice in connection with acquisitions and sell-offs of business divisions and operating units of financial institutions.
- Dodd-Frank subject matter expert for major management consulting firm, including Dodd-Frank readiness assessment and analysis of client businesses for Volcker Rule compliance. Developed “best practices” for private and registered fund compliance under SEC Rule 206(4)/38a-1, including risk assessments/risk management, governance and supervision, conflicts of interest/internal business conduct, pricing and valuation.
- Advised leading global bank on Dodd-Frank compliance for asset management division, including implementation of automated compliance portal across multiple lines of business, process development, client onboarding, and training.
- Advised asset manager on establishment of publicly-traded private equity vehicle focusing on middle market lending for the renewable equity sector. Responsible for all regulatory and compliance matters, including structuring of fund and guidance through SEC registration process, as well as development of ongoing compliance program and corporate governance. Developed and implemented “greenfield” compliance program for reverse mortgage REIT.
- Advised U. S. Congressional staff and legislative oversight committees on various aspects of proposed Dodd-Frank legislation, including the Volcker Rule, private adviser registration, and formation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- New York City Bar Association, Structured Finance Committee
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Compliance and Legal Division
- New York State Bar Association, Business Law Investment Funds Subcommittee
- National Society of Compliance Professionals
- 100 Women in Finance
- Women in Housing and Finance, Washington D. C.
- Women in Derivatives (WIND)
Harvard Law School
Bachelor of Arts