James Stanbury is a partner with BTVK Advisory and has 25 years’ experience of forensic accounting and dispute resolution.
His experience covers a wide range of commercial and personal litigation matters which focus on the investigation and evaluation of economic damages worldwide resulting from loss of profit, business interruption, business valuation, breach of contract, professional indemnity, subrogation, cyber and injury/fatal claims.
He has a special interest in the valuation of businesses and their assets, in both commercial and litigation contexts, arising from compulsory purchase orders, purchase/sale, professional negligence claims, shareholder disputes and intellectual property disputes.
- Gives evidence in the High Court, Technology and Construction Court, International Arbitration and to the United Nations Compensation Commission.
- Instructed by both claimants and defendants
- Assists at mediations and adjudications
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, fellow
- The Academy of Experts, member
- Compulsory Purchase Association, member
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), expert
- Society of Share and Business Valuers, associate member