As a forensic accountant, Jim McCurley relishes the variety of his work.
Every engagement is interesting, with different types of data and unique personalities to navigate. Clients value Jim’s ability to explain complex financial analysis in a way that makes sense to each client, insured, judge or jury.
Jim has worked extensively with insurance companies and attorneys providing quantification of economic damages and litigation support services. Working on behalf of insurers, Jim’s independent analysis measures damages in direct first party losses, including business interruption, property loss and other associated losses. He is often engaged by attorneys to evaluate damages in personal injury and other commercial disputes.
Jim has also worked on behalf of the California Attorney General’s Office to quantify damages in claims filed against the state.
- Designated as an expert witness in California superior and federal court
- Provides expert testimony at depositions, trials and arbitration hearings throughout Northern California
- Certified Public Accountant, California
- American Association of Certified Public Accountants, member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, member
Rutgers University – New Brunswick, New Jersey
Bachelor of Science, accounting