David Johnson, Partner with Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP, has been with the firm since 2000. David is a member of the Firm’s Assurance Operations team where he assists Firm leadership in creating and administering effective quality assurance practices. Prior to joining the Firm’s Assurance Operations team, David served privately-held businesses in the manufacturing and distribution industries.
- Performs accounting and auditing services for manufacturing and distribution clients including managing numerous audit, review, and compilation engagements.
- Develops recommendations for the improvement of accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Develops operational efficiency and cost savings recommendations.
- Specializes in technical accounting and auditing research.
- Assists clients with the implementation of technical accounting standards.
- Performs acquisition related due diligence.
- Assists clients with post-acquisition purchase accounting.
- Assisted in the performance of multiple distributor financial and operational reviews to assist a large manufacturing client in determining whether financial assistance should be provided to the distributors.
- Assisted in the development of the internal audit program for a large distribution client.
- Assisted in the performance of multiple internal audits for a large distribution client.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- American Production and Inventory Control Society
University of Wisconsin – Madison
Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Marketing